Checking In

Hullo!..

Okay, al make a resolution- al post this – tonight! Right away! As soooon as I am done typing.

I have been soo off-blogging, that this seems next to impossible. But I’ll do it. It’s now, or never! I am really sorry for having been dead all this time, despite all your kind entreaties :) . A lot of reasons contributed to my silence- real and lousy ones.

I am sorry again!

My original first post for this new blog, was written the day I met Arps n Avina at AIIMS in November; however, it never got posted. And this blog never materialized until today.

Updates::

  1. Sixth Trimester on (u gotto STOP grinning Arpita :P ) – little work, lots of relaxation time … time to JAZZ (Oh yeah, I have finally joined Jazz classes :D – me n devina== it’s brilliant! -the sad bit of it, al tell u in a while.. )…
  2. Finally broke my laptop screen last night.

:-/ :-( :-(( …. *sobs uncontrollably*

I have abused it often – and recklessly so. Guess, last night, it just succumbed to the torment, and gave in. Sent the screen to be replaced...and, oh okay… don’t ask, al start crying… I am so broken coz of this, and disappointed with my stupid self; the screen-break was no less than a heart-break for me. I might as well get a heart transplant done :(

  1. I sprained my foot, and it’s been like that for over a week now.. I have been limping around, and haven’t been able to Jazz either! .. Arrgh .. And the sprain just wont go! It’s not really painful, but most annoying, coz it won’t let me walk in a dignified manner, and it won’t let me dance. Arrgh! I hate this.
  2. We have NGO internship in this trimester. Three weeks of a project with some NGO for each one of us. I think it’s a pretty cool opportunity. Quite excited. I have been allotted Jago Ri, an NGO dealing with women’s issues. Today was my second day, and they seem to be real nice people, getting real work done at the grassroots level. I’m likin it. I have suggested my area of interest as their Safe Delhi initiatives, and have indicated that I’d like my project to be connected with that area. (Guess u can recall that the issue of harassment/ molestation of women has always been rather close to my heart)

Guess what, tomorrow I’ll be going to attend a protest/ dharna organized by all the key women ngo’s in Delhi – wherein they will submit a memorandum to the government- outlining what our expectations are, regarding the safety and liberty of women of this country. (the Trigger event being the recent attack on the womenfolk who frequent pubs- the violence against women in a pub in Mangalore, followed by irresponsible statements by the state (govt.) representatives [When I heard that Ashok Gehlot has vowed to “hunt down all these pubs and remove them off the geography of Rajasthan, coz they hurt the.. ah watdotheycallit… ‘Indian Culture’” *something to that effect. He’d said*].. when I learnt this, I can swear my B.P crossed superhuman levels!!)

Anyway, I shall be attending the dharna, coz I am keen to see what transpires in one. Not keen on the slogan shouting etc myself though. Besides, let’s hope it does not turn ugly. In some cases, they told me at the NGO, police arrives to take control, and arrests may take place!

I am not really in the writing mood these days. Actually I’m in no mood these days. Have perfected hedonism: donot engage in any activity which requires a lot of effort/ thinking/ concentration – not beyond 10 seconds! Maximum pleasure .. or whatever .. and I move on … (yeah yeah.. not too proud of this waste of life ..)

Anyway, so even tho I could share a LOT of thoughts on a host of current issues (both- Public and Shrutic), but will make it short and quick.

Few key recent incidents::

Al copy-paste an excerpt from a chat wherein I relate this story to Anshuman. Cannot rewrite it now. Do pray for me once u read my antics tho. Clearly, I am not up to the JOB. Any job!

*************************

me: u heard my BUZZ story?

Anshuman: naah

temme

12:15 AM me: okay ... another of my corporate world antics ...

12:16 AM Anshuman: hahahah

12:17 AM me: yeah ... so part one ...once in DSCL corporate office

when we had our final presentation

Anshuman: hmm

me: all interns n HR lady sitting in conference room

all talking, making merry peacefully ...

me n devina .making merry too .. minus the 'peace' factor ...

12:18 AM i spot a small blue plastic thingy on the table ...

Anshuman: :P

me: i pick it up .. ask devina .. “hey what do u think this is?”

devina: dunno ..evn i ws wondering

both wonder together for a while

then we move on to other issues in life

Anshuman: :P

me: i am talking talking .. passionately .. fidgeting with the small thingie ..

12:19 AM suddenly a LOUD music breaks thru the walls of the entire office ...

realisation crashes on me

Me: “Devina... i think ...” *looking at the box in my hand*...

Devina: yes.. i think u're right!..

12:20 AM and two ppl rush into the room .."kya hua,.. what happened?" ... and everybody's looking at the pair of us ...

Anshuman: hehe

me: apparently, it ws one of those loud buzz thingies ... that u find in conference rooms- used to summon the IT department frm anywhere anytime ...

12:21 AM i had 'buzzed' them unknowingly ...

Anshuman: hahahahahha

me: everyone= laughing; devina - embarassed; me: god-why-me?

Anshuman: :P :D

12:22 AM me: part 2- today ... we go into our con. room again... after a meeting with the ops head

discussing wildly ... poking fun at the zombies ;)

Anshuman: :)

me: me - (at my happiest/ coolest best) -- drawing out a chair frm the round table ..

12:23 AM (the background is, seconds earlier i had thot that i had forgotten my cell on the ops head's table - as i had done with my specs earlier.. in the business head's room ..) .. then i go : “so devina .. seriously tell me .. do u think i am ready for the corporate world ..”

12:24 AM she is thinking what to reply .. when ... a loud

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz rings in the office ..

Anshuman: hahahhahahahahahahhahaha

12:25 AM me: and i ignore the music as background noise ...keep talking "i want an honest opinion.. no seriously"... Devina .. rolling eyes .. “shruti .. i think! - it's u again!”

i notice the music now (it was damn loud) ..

Anshuman: hehehe

me: i go: “me ? i dun think so” .. I look around .. find no gadget i cud have pressed ...

“naah ..not me .. chill ...”

just then .. a guy rushes in .. panting!

12:26 AM ‘madam ... madam ..’ spots me ... ‘ohhh aapki chair se buzzer baj raha hai ...’

me= horrified..

how cum :(

Anshuman: man!!!

12:27 AM me: then he shows me .. they hv these buzzer buttons UNDER the godforsaken table top .. n my chair's arm got stuck into it

guy- leaves ..

me- zapped .. shut mouth now

devina .. “i guess god answered ur question shruti ..”

12:28 AM me- walk away frm that seat as farrr as possible .. so that if anyone else were to walk in to check, they'd find devina closer to the 'scene of crime' :D

*****

Got loads to tell, as usual …but cannot bring myself to relate it all.

I hope you guyz are doing well. Arps n Ritz n Co are busy with exams, I know. Rest are busy with one thing or another… Good good, for all!

I hope that this new year will bring in peace and harmony in the lives of all our loved ones. And in our lives toh of course… goes without saying :P

Cheerios all! Keep smiling :-)

PS. Al post the original first post (half written) tomorrow, when my own laptop comes back from the I.C.U (Ouch, again :-/ )

1 comments:

Arps said...

why the new blog?
& when???

i feel so out of touch!!! :X